Thursday, September 22, 2011

'PREGNANT'

Whoa! It works! We made a baby!
The one thing that I've been hearing, as we spread the news is, 'wow you guys move quick!'


Sure, we've only been married since May, but we've been together for 4 years and neither of us saw any reason to wait. I was definitely surprised how quick it happened though. I wanted to start right away because I was afraid we might run into issues, or that it might take 6 months to a year.
NOPE! We're both healthy and well, I'll spare you the details. You all know how babies are made :-)


We found out on August 22nd. I was home and I was SURE that I was getting my period. Bloated, slightly crampy, moody. We went camping the weekend before and I brought with me tampons and a new bottle of midol (HA!) Well, that period never came and so I thought, what the hell, I'll take a test.


I walked away from the test and didn't think about it, didn't hover over it, just went back to work in my home office. A few minutes later I remembered that it was sitting on the sink waiting for me. It was one of those digital tests and SURPRISE! It clearly read PREGNANT.
NO. WAY.


Instantly I contacted Jay by sending him a chat message over our Gmail account. 

1:03 PM me: um
  are you there?
 Jason: yes
 me: my pregnancy test came back "pregnant"
1:04 PM going to retest
  figured I'd take one since I didn't get my period yet today
 Jason: oh boyyyyyyyyyyyy
I was really concerned about 'false negatives' so I forced myself to take another one. I absolutely needed to be sure. So, after an hour or so of drinking water and trying my hardest to pee, I took another one.



I called Jay and confirmed. I called my sister and laughed and cried and shook with excitement. I called my aunt and did the same. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment