Tuesday, December 13, 2011

20 weeks - HALFWAY THERE!

WOOOHOOO!!! I'm halfway there!
Ok I really had to muster up that excitement. Yes, I am truly happy that I am halfway there, but I have had a tough couple of weeks...


Let's just say mommy isn't doing too well. Pelvis aches. Lower back aches at night, keeping me up most nights. I'm sleeping propped up on a hundred pillows (which seems to help a bit.) I'm having another tooth pulled this week (ow.) The holidays are depressing and stressful. 
All I want to do is hold my baby boy in my arms and shower him with love and kisses...


Ok ok ok ... before this gets TOO depressing, there is a bright side. We booked a trip to Mexico in January and we are definitely excited to be getting away, into the sunshine, into the pool, and for Jay - into a lot of tequila. This babymoon concept is a great one, except for the sobriety part. I think I'll have to plan this vacation again for 2013. Daddy will watch baby by the pool while mom drowns herself in a drink that will look something like this:
(I actually drank this drink, nicknamed 'Wilson' on our honeymoon. And then passed out by the pool for a few hours. GLORIOUS.)



Ok, now onto baby. He's kicking up a storm and it's the most amazing feeling in the world. Despite the aches and pains, I love those kicks. He's getting bigger and stronger and now at week 20 we measure him from head to toe (rather than head to bum) and he is as big as a banana! At this point I've gained about 10 pounds and I'm expected to gain about a pound a week for the next 20 weeks. Whoa.
A lot of the same stuff continues on this week for baby... baby's bones are hardening, tooth buds sprouting, finger prints almost completely in place. New this week is that the eyelashes and eyebrows are in place (cute!). 

My hormones are taking over and I already love this little person with such a protective force, I can't describe it. I love my husband more and more and feel closer to him each day. It's truly amazing... So here's to hoping that the next 20 weeks pass even more quickly than the first 20!!

No comments:

Post a Comment