Monday, December 5, 2011

Some days a tear, Some days a smile...

I have seen my share of both over the last week and it's been a tough one. I am certainly being tested and have been trying to focus on relaxing and laughing. Stress in my body now affects two people and I am working hard to make a calm happy place for baby to grow.


In the last week, I have had to deal with heartache of seeing my Dad in a nursing home, and the sadness and struggles that are a part of that life. I've found out that my baby is a boy and while this is not a sad thing, it was most certainly a surprise and a stressful event. I had the traumatic experience of having a tooth pulled and the fun that's come with that healing process. I've had to deal with terrible customer service at Comcast (oh I know this sounds silly to include but you all know what I am talking about if you've ever been in the situation...) My company was acquired which in many ways is a very exciting and profitable thing for me and my family, but leaves me with many uncertainties and questions, specifically around my healthcare at a time where I cannot afford any major changes in that aspect.


So, as the title of this blog suggests, some days there were tears, and some days we've had smiles.


We decorated our tree last night and it was a particularly fantastic end to a rough week. We had a lot of fun doing it. Lots of laughs, lots of smiles, and lots of memories made. 
I also attended the most amazing yoga experience ever - Restorative Yoga. It was 2 hours of relaxing stretches, cool eye pillows, massages and essential oils all meant to detox my body from stress. Yep sounds super hippy but it was unbelievable. I plan to make this a monthly ritual until I get too big. The teacher was really accommodating and worked with me when I couldn't participate in certain poses (like all of the back work.) And baby LOVED yoga class too. I think the rushes of happiness neurons made him happy too and he was moving all around. I imagined he was doing baby yoga :-)


I have had enough surprises for the last week, and I'm hoping for a quiet and predictable week, though I suspect that it will be anything but... We are attending my work Xmas party (Bruins game!) this week and we're also having dinner in Boston this weekend for my sister's birthday. So I'm hoping that the excitement will divert our attention away from some of our stresses.


Here is a pic of my growing bump in front of the tree!

1 comment: