Tuesday, December 27, 2011

22 weeks and dreaming...

Sorry blog followers!! I realize that I have been a bit absent from filling you in the last few weeks. I committed to writing at least once a week to let you know what's going on with my growing belly and the cutie pie inside of me. But I missed week 21 and now you'll have to bear with me as I catch you up on everything. So get comfortable.


To be honest, the last few weeks I've been achey and moody. The Christmas holiday was getting me down - but forget all that! I have this whole week off, Christmas is OVER (yessss) and I'm feeling good (today)!


So where do I start?
Well, I'm 22 weeks today and looking at the calendar it's starting to sink in that we will get to meet our son in the next 4 months!! WHOA! That is SOON! January will fly by because we're traveling to Mexico, we have snowy February, March is my baby shower, and then the baby could really come anytime in April!
I feel him move all the time now and the "fluttery" or "squirming" feeling has been replaced with real kicks. He's letting mommy know that he's growing strong and he's getting ready to meet his family!! Unfortunately Daddy hasn't felt it yet but I'm sure he will soon. I can feel it from the outside every now and then but as soon as I move over to Daddy to snuggle in hopes that he'll feel a kick, baby settles down.


I find that I dream about him often. I picture what he will look like and he is always the happiest baby. In my last dream he looked at me after he was born and just smiled the cutest happiest smile. That's what dreams are for :-) I KNOW he will be born screaming his tiny little head off but in my fantasy he is cute, pink, has a head FULL of hair and just loves his mommy to pieces. 


I'm also getting a lot bigger so he's making his presence known there. All I can say is THANK YOU for maternity clothes. I really don't know what I would do without full panel maternity leggings, maternity jeans, and maternity tops. I'm telling you, buying a medium or a large just does NOT work. Not for me anyway. I'm very lucky to have the maternity wardrobe that I do. I got some great hand me downs, a gift card for my birthday to Motherhood and lots more gifts for my bday and xmas. It's just too depressing to even try to put on any of my old clothes. They look SO weird. Maternity clothes aren't baggy all over - just in the belly. So they fit everywhere that you are NOT pregnant. It will probably be an adjustment to get back into clothes that aren't so comfortable!


And speaking of gifts - baby got some AMAZING gifts this xmas. Notably, a friend handed down her son's wardrobe to the baby and I can't believe how much there is. It's truly amazing. Baby also got his first pair of Nike Jordan's from his Aunt and Uncle and they are TOO cute!! His grandmother knitted him a blanket and daddy's family recorded their voices onto a book! He also got some really sweet gear for the upcoming Red Sox season! A green 'monstah' onesie and a 'Yankees Yuck!' onesie. Daddy bought him a Sox jacket to match.


Daddy also got me these really cool things called Belly Buds. They are specifically designed to play music to the baby!! They stick to my belly and I have been playing music for him and he seems to respond! I created a Pandora station of classical music and baby lullabyes. Here's a picture of me using them:






Ok what else?
Well, onto the standard weekly update, baby is as long as a spaghetti squash! Which explains my expanding waistline! He is almost a pound and has lots of deep wrinkles in his skin because really soon he's going to start to fill in with lots of fat, making that cute chubby face that we'll get to see soon!
We get to go see him in 3D after we return from Mexico and I can't wait!


I think that just about covers it!! I hope to have some more exciting updates for you as the weeks pass. To end, here are a few pics of me from Xmas:








1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! And love you and that little boy so much <3

    ReplyDelete