Tuesday, January 10, 2012

24 weeks ... Babymoon Time!!

I don't want to get too excited and jinx myself... but I've been sleeping without pain!! I've been sleeping for longer stretches and when I do wake up for one of my many trips to the bathroom, I am not agonizing in pain. I'm not tossing and turning nearly as much. I think I figured out just the right pillow stacking!
I'm hoping that my trip to Mexico, sleeping in a different bed, doesn't ruin this good run of sleeping. I am thinking of packing my body pillow. It's huge, and probably completely impractical, but sleep is SO important. We'll see how much room I end up with in my luggage...


So yes, off to Mexico soon! We will be staying in the Mayan Riviera / Playa del Carmen area. We are SO excited. It snowed for the first time this winter today. Not much, but it's definitely exciting to see it knowing that we're getting out of here! Ah.... the sun, the pool, my Kindle... I definitely earned this and I'm feeling so fortunate that we can afford a trip like this and have the time off. 
I'm still a bit nervous about going to the pool and revealing my pregnant belly in all it's glory but it is what it is! I have really enjoyed being pregnant in the winter. I get to hide my belly under layer after layer of warm shirts. I can wear comfy leggings and jeans. I really do sympathize for those pregnant in the summer. 
I guess as payback I will have to reveal my post-pregnancy body, in all of IT'S glory during the summer months. Eeeeeeek. But let's not get TOO far ahead of ourselves. Baby steps...


And how is Mr. Trent doing? Well, he gained ~4 ounces in the last week, is over a pound, and is about the size of an ear of corn! Holy smokes! Taste buds and lungs are the focus this week. The baby is developing surfactant which will help the baby breathe when he is born. 
He is still kicking up a storm, but I find that some days he is lazier than others. In typical mommy style I worry, but I read that this is completely normal. I have a doctor's appointment this week, which I'm looking forward to. I just like having a professional listen to the heart beat and ensure me that everything is going well. I've been seeing the doctor about every 4 weeks and I read that soon I will have to make the visit every 2 weeks to ensure that I'm not showing any signs of labor. Oh boy! Almost time for the 3rd trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment