Friday, January 20, 2012

25 weeks (a little late...)

We are back from our babymoon, completely rested and happier than ever. The trip was fabulous, resort was amazing, food was fantastic, lots of sunshine, lots of laughs and lots of rest. It was truly everything we wanted and more.


I hit the 25 week mark while I was there and I'm closing in on the final weeks of the second trimester. It feels a little surreal. I'm getting a little bit nervous, but I'm feeling really good and really looking forward to the baby shower so I can check off a bunch of stuff on my "must-have" list.


I'm sleeping pretty well, though my trips to the bathroom are becoming more frequent. My back and hip pain is still pretty persistent, but (knock on wood) it's really not as bad as it was a month ago. Not sure if it's getting better or I've just learned to live with it!


Trent is about a pound and half now. Still a little tiny thing, but growing quickly! He's about the size of a rutabaga in weight. I'm going grocery shopping this weekend, I'll have to find one and pick it up... though I'm really not sure what a rutabaga is... 
He's also growing more hair, and if I could see it, I would know what color it is! I'm really curious to know if he will be blonde like his mama. My sister and I were both born with lots of hair, and so were her two little ones, so I'm hoping that he is too.


We get to see him tonight during a 3D/4D ultrasound and I'm really excited, but unusually nervous. Not sure why. Perhaps because this will be the first time we really get to see some of his features, and I'm just not sure what to expect. Stay tuned this weekend for another blog post where I'll share some pictures of the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment