Monday, January 9, 2012

Strange eats and stranger dreams...

Besides my insatiable sweet tooth, I haven't really had any 'weird' cravings. But I definitely found myself eating some strange combinations last night and when my husband pointed it out I had to agree - I was definitely exhibiting some weird preggie eating behavior!! 
Prunes and chocolate milk anyone!? No? Well, it was DELICIOUS!
Don't knock the prunes until you've tried them. They're sweet and sticky and taste like candy! And it helps those slow moving bowels of preggie chicks right along! And well, it seemed to me that chocolate milk was a GREAT choice! Also sweet, and cold and refreshing!


That wasn't my first strange combination. The other was so traditional by the book strange pregnant eating... because of course it involved a pickle! A deli near my work gives you the most amazing pickle with your sandwich. And well, the pickle and the brownie I got for dessert ended up being an AMAZING flavor combo! No? Just me...??

I'm also hungry ALL of the time now and have been eating like a grown man. While at Hooters over the weekend, I ate like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow. And who's going to tell me that after the tater tot appetizer and boneless wings, that the banana milkshake and peanut butter pie was too much!? No one. But I will admit, it was. And lesson learned. I actually had to go for a walk outside after that one. It was a bit painful...

And finally the dreams. I wish that I could remember them all. Or I wish that I was more diligent about writing them down when I wake up because I forget them so easily. But I recently yelled out loud in my sleep to "be quiet because I'm on the phone!" during a very strange dream about working at a tattoo parlor mixed in with a host of other strange occurrences, including my sister-in-law suddenly practicing Hindu and meditating in front of St. Pius church. Strange, I know. And last night I had a crazy nightmare, which is nothing new for me anyway. I tend to have really graphic, scary and violent dreams. All I remember about last night's dream was that I killed someone, but it was in self defense. And I called the police on myself. Pretty sure that was related to some show I fell asleep watching last night... 

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of taking up Hindu meditation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite was bbq chips dipping them in chocolate ice cream. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete