Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Honeymoon Trimester

Oh hey there second trimester!! So happy to finally see you!!
I am definitely feeling some of the benefits of the most glorious trimester. My spirits are up and I have more energy. Not much, but rather than falling asleep at 8pm on the couch, I actually stayed up until 10 last night. Whoa.


The first trimester was pure hell, and I hear the third is as well. So I will enjoy the next few months as much as I can!


Now that I'm feeling better I'm going to try to move around more and eat better. I bought a preggie yoga DVD so I can yoga-at-home, and I vow to walk more often on the treadmill. I will try to eat more fruits and veggies, but this is probably the toughest for me since my biggest cravings are SWEETS. I gained 2 pounds in the last week and I'm pretty sure it's the peanut butter cups and the box of frozen yogurt I single handedly consumed. Whoops. 


The second trimester is going to mean lots of growing for mom and baby. It also means that the dreaded risk of miscarriage drops dramatically (phew.)


This week, the baby is about 3 inches long, or the size of a shrimp. The baby is growing hair all over her body (also known as lanugo.) She is also her very own unique person and now has a unique set of fingerprints. She also looks very much like a little baby now.


Just a few more weeks until we find out if she really is a she!



2 comments:

  1. Collie Mother of furry babies.October 27, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    Both of my girls were born with fur on their ears, everyone was like oh it will fall out, NOPE...I shaved it off... shhh!

    ReplyDelete