Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 10!

I am officially 10 weeks pregnant today. A lot of GREAT things are happening at 10 weeks.


Most importantly - I'm feeling better!! Woohoo! I haven't needed medication in over a week. I still have passing moments of queasiness and some smells give me the gags, but I'm functioning again. YES!


Next - baby has passed a huge milestone - (s)he's no longer an embryo, but is now a fetus! Cool! 3 more weeks and I'm done with the first trimester - even cooler!


Kind of on the gross side, I read that baby is now drinking amniotic fluid, peeing, and pooping. 


The baby is the size of a kumquat today. There's this interesting slideshow that compares the baby with fruit, week by week. 
http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size

Now that I'm feeling better, I hope that the weeks fly by more quickly, and I'm ready for my expanding gut to start to look like a real baby bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment