Monday, October 31, 2011

Some Perspective...


So, in a casual conversation one of my colleague's asked me if I had any children. I told him that I was actually expecting my first in May. His first response was Dragon baby! He is Chinese and I forgot how heavily the Chinese rely on zodiac mythology.
So this got me poking around the internet for different information about zodiac signs, birthstone, etc. I don't have a particular interest or belief in the zodiac but it is fun to learn about. And for the record, I am VERY much a scorpio so maybe there is some truth to it.


So, here I am searching around, site to site and I found some information that was really....interesting. They are "fun" due date facts. Some were fun, some were SHOCKING.


Let's start with the fun:


Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Birthstone: Emerald
Birth Flower: Lily of the Valley or Hawthorn (I didn't even know we had birth flowers!!)
Chinese Zodiac: The Black Water Dragon (sick....)
Half Birthday: October 30
This time next year the baby will be 26 weeks old!


Ok, and now for the SHOCKING. This is only shocking because it makes me realize that I am going to get old, and that the future is long. This is exciting, but at the same time scary... So here it is:


Babies born on 5/1/2012 will start kindergarten in 2017, be old enough to drive a car in 2028, finish high school in 2030, and will graduate from college with the class of 2034, give or take a year.


HOLY CRAP RIGHT!!??

1 comment: