Monday, October 3, 2011

Love at first sight

That famous phrase - "It was love at first sight." Most people don't believe in this. And I suppose I don't either, in it's traditional sense.
But that is the only way that I can explain the emotions that I felt today when we saw our little nugget for the first time. Absolutely head over heels in love.


We went in for a routine exam and we were mainly there to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I could barely sleep the night before, was excited ALL day (first time mom over here!) But, when the doc tried to find it, she couldn't.
She reassured me that it was early, and she was sure everything was ok. And I was too - but I waited for WEEKS for this moment! The disappointment was written all over my face. Pouty face worked I guess and she sent us downstairs for an ultrasound (wahoooooo!!!!) 


Together we saw our baby alive for the first time. 
The experience was moving and emotional, to say the least. We could see it's head (huge head, I might add - already taking after daddy!) hehe
And then the baby moved! It jerked it's little body around and then there it was.... (s)he waved at us!! That little hand waved at us and said "hey mommy! hey daddy!" *sigh* Love at first sight....


Everything is measuring EXACTLY where it should. The heartbeat was strong and mommy and baby are healthy. <3





3 comments:

  1. Beautful. It gets even better with each passing ultrasound. I'm very excited & happy for both of you. Take care.

    Paula S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry everytime I read this blog... jeez you would think I was pregnant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!!!! And yes, Jason is one of the "Big Heads" I have always said the best men have gigantic heads, Sean's head is enormous and he is in the top 5 best people/men I have ever met ( occupying the number 1 spot, I may be biased).

    ReplyDelete