Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm

So, I started prenatal yoga last night. I had a few goals in mind:
1. Stress relief
2. Physical activity
3. Meet other preggie moms


In just one visit, I accomplished all three. I literally came home and told Jason that I was going to dedicate the rest of my life to the practice of yoga. I was going to spend whatever was necessary to go to yoga AT LEAST once a week. Yeah, I was exaggerating and yeah, I was on a 'yoga high' but there was some truth to it.


Mentally, without a doubt, I obtained some stress relief. Every day I wake up and I am almost immediately plugged into my computer for work. After work, I am almost always staring at a TV, my phone, or playing with my iPad. I am ALWAYS connected to electronics. For one hour, I was able to completely unplug and instead, connect with what matters!! Me and my baby. I was able to focus all my attention on my breathing, my movements, and the positive energy I needed to send to the baby. 
Sounds a little fluffy, I know, but I had never felt so close to the baby. I had an overwhelming sense of love and protection. It was amazing...


Physically, I got moving. I wouldn't really call it a workout, but with every movement I could feel the tension leaving my body. I could feel my joints and muscles moving and it felt great.


And I met a mommy. A very nice, very preggie mommy took me under her wing and showed me what I needed, how to set up, etc. She made it so I wasn't completely lost and I was very grateful.


The class had preggie ladies of all stages and not once did I feel out of place. I can't wait to go back!! I think I will buy some prenatal yoga DVDs so that I can practice anytime I'm feeling stressed and will not have to wait for a class.


Thank you yoga. Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Lady, welcome to the rest of your life. It's really funny how nature and a need to become "disconnected" creep up on you while your pregnant. I loved Yoga while I was pregnant, I always fell asleep (like on the floor during the class) , Belly Dancing is a blast as well. I just sold all my Preg-yoga dvd's at a yard sale...I think Netflix has a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Stress relief. I think yoga will be great for you. Keep up the wonderful writing. I look forward to the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad you have found a new love for yoga! Yoga can really be amazing! When you first said you were going i was like "yes i found a new yoga buddy" but i think prego yoga is a little much for me! lol maybe when your no more prego we can find a yoga class so you can have a night a week to unplug from mommyness.... :) im sure jason wont mind! ;-)I hope it continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete