Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fourteen Weeks!

So, what's going on with a fourteen week pregnant lady? Unfortunately for this blog, not much! I feel good, I'm sleeping well, I'm sure as hell eating well (and by well I mean a lot) and I'm in good spirits. 
I had a PERFECT weekend which consisted of LOTS of rest, lots of food, and lots of friends. I went to two parties and actually had a good time, alcohol free. I sound like a booze bag, but old habits die hard. Admittedly I did drink an O'Douls non-alcoholic beer haha. (When it's your only option, it's not that bad!)


At this point, I'm just waiting for a few significant milestones to occur. First, I'm waiting for that signature preggie belly to pop, second, I should start feeling the baby move in a few weeks, and third, I will find out the sex of the baby next week! 
You know what they say about 'a watch pot never boils'? Well, if that's true with my belly, I'm never going to grow! I got a bit discouraged after seeing a girl, 19 weeks pregnant, in my yoga class who didn't look a day pregnant. Maybe I'm a nut for wanting the belly so badly, and maybe she's happy that she can still wear her jeans, but I feel like it's a badge of honor. 


Ok, enough about me. What's my little fruit nugget up to this week? Well, she's a little dancing machine and a LOT more active. Hopefully she gets those moves from daddy, otherwise she's an extremely awkward dancing machine haha. She's also squinting, frowning, grimacing, and even sucking her thumb (awwwww!!!)
Her hair pattern is also determined this week, but we'll have to wait and see whether she is born with hair. My sister and I were both born with lots and lots of hair, and my sister's kids were as well, so I'm hoping for the same. 
She's about 3 1/2 inches long, or the size of a lemon.


Stay tuned for the BIG news next week.... boy or a girl....!?!?

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Having an O'Douls was the best when your preggo!! LOL :) Can't wait to hear the exciting news next week!! Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she...she...she... Mommy knows best. ;) That little one is going to be playing guitar three weeks after being born if Daddy has anything to do with it. SHE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whow!! I just read the last 4 posts. Lots going on and very excited about the 8th. See you next week. No more pb cups!!

    ReplyDelete