Monday, November 7, 2011

15 weeks and Halloween detoxing

I'm getting my "15 week" blog out a day early, because tomorrow will be dedicated to the "Boy or Girl" blog post!! It won't come out until late in the evening or early Wednesday because our appointment isn't until 730pm. And, I'm trying not to get my hopes TOO high (yeah right) because I know there is the possibility that the nugget might have her legs crossed or be turned the wrong way. FINGERS CROSSED!!!


So 15 weeks have come and gone. I can hardly believe it. I'm starting to actually feel pregnant, which is a good thing in that it feels more real, but a bad thing in that I have this bump that is already getting in the way! Boy am I in for a rude awakening when it actually starts to grow into the real thing! I feel it now when I'm getting dressed and a shirt is too small or too short, or I lean over and this "gut" is in the way. And then I realize, no it wasn't too many peanut butter cups, it's a baby in there.


Which brings me to the subject of those peanut butter cups. Week 15 has me more aware of my body, how I'm treating it, and what I put into it. I purchased some food stuffs to make morning smoothies and although today was the first day, I'm in love! Strawberries, bananas, greek yogurt, soymilk, OJ = YUM. I was eating a healthy breakfast anyway, but what a great way to get all that good stuff in my body in one quick drink...
I'm going to try hard to cut back on the sweets and the bad stuff, and to work in more healthy options. Wish me luck...


As for the baby, she is already 4 inches from head to tush, or about the size of an apple without arms or legs. But that part was obvious wasn't it...?
Not really any MAJOR developments this week... baby has gone through lots of big changes and now is just focused on growing! She's forming taste buds this week, but won't be able to taste anything just yet.


I should be able to feel her kick in a few weeks, which I'm really excited about. Sometimes I think I've felt her, but I know it's too early. This weekend I felt a movement, like a worm in there, but maybe it was just gas. Too soon to tell :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be so excited to hear the news if its a boy or a girl!! When I went for my ultrasound, my little peanut had her hand covering her privates the whole time until the very end!!

    ReplyDelete