Monday, November 14, 2011

Bump Disappointment

So, I think I finally 'popped' today. I've got a big ol belly (well it feels like it to me.) I was looking forward to posting pictures but you know what, I am really disappointed with my bump! I don't have the cute bellies that you see on other people - I have this lumpy thing... it's awful! I don't have sexy pregnancy curves - I have folds, and bumps and lumps and rolls... 
Surprisingly I'm not that self conscious about it, or about being naked, because whatever, I'm pregnant, I have no control over this thing. But I do hope that it starts to expand in even directions... Where is the round belly that I see on other cute preggies? 
Then I started to question... is this really a pregnancy belly? Or did I really overdo it on the brownies!? Am I just getting fat or is this baby? 

All of this started to make me question my self image post-pregnancy. Will I 'bounce back' to my 'normal' shape? I've seen some of my friends look just the way they did before baby... and some did not. I know I will never look the same, completely, but I refuse to 'let myself go.' And so my motivation to start exercising begins again. And by exercising I mean walking. At least 3 times a week to start. For at least 30 mins - briskly. I need to start this routine now. Not only is it good for me, it's good for baby.

In other belly news, I think I've been feeling little miss peanut down there squirming around. It's not that strong, but when I sit quietly at work, I feel something. And it's not gas. I know it's her and her lonely disco party :-)
A friend gave me advice today to blast up the music, dance around, and shine a flashlight at my belly. It will get her moving and will be fun for both of us. I think I will do that real soon :-) Thanks Collie!


2 comments:

  1. Can you please video tape this flash light dance?? You do have the best dance moves.

    ReplyDelete