Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Preggie Smoothie

So another one of my new obsessions is what I'm calling the preggie smoothie. When it comes to pregnancy cravings, this one isn't weird, and luckily it's healthy, but it's SEVERE. I MUST have this smoothie every morning or I feel that the day is ruined. I know, dramatic, but I'm pregnant. Don't ask.


So finally my Magic Bullet blender, which I had given up on completely, is my savior. Despite the moments I've spent cursing at this thing, I now cannot live without it. I make my smoothie in 5 minutes, and the cleanup is even quicker.


Ingredients I must have in the house so nobody dies:
Bag of frozen fruit (berries)
Orange juice
Vanilla rice milk
Vanilla greek yogurt


I've also been adding flaxseed to the smoothie. I tried adding peanut butter. The result was ok, but a little weird.
Since I don't like actually eating first thing in the morning, but baby is HUNGRY, this smoothie holds me over for a while. Also, with the cold weather here, the heat in the house has been severely drying out my mouth and nose and so the ice cold smoothie is so soothing first thing in the morning.


Here it is:



1 comment:

  1. That sound sooo good. I am going to get the ingredients to make one for myself. HA HA

    ReplyDelete