Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday + Crazy Pregnant Lady = Success

Ah, black friday. Separating the crazy from the sane. Because seriously, who does this!? Well, I did, but I went to ONE store and I was there at 5am and I saved over $800 in one trip. 


Taking advantage of the first black friday that I was not hung over, I set my alarm clock for 4:15am. I made myself a coffee and headed out on this chilly morning. The roads were dark and empty. When I got to Babies R Us, there were a few women in line. This was their LAST stop. I'm telling you, these people are crazy. Except for the women with their newborns. They were probably thinking, FINALLY! A store that's open when I am. Because they had probably just finished their 4am feeding. 


I was on a mission. I was there to make a very specific purchase and get the hell out of there. Fast. The black friday deal was on a complete set of nursery furniture (crib, changing table and dresser.) Buy all three and you save $750, which is about 50% off the total cost of the set. That's HUGE. I was also there to purchase a glider. A few months earlier I spent time sitting in every glider in that store and found one that was just right for me. Well, the black friday gods saw fit to put that very same glider on sale for 50% off. Oh yeah.


Here is the gorgeous furniture set:



I was in and out of the store and I have to say that my experience was a good one. I will definitely go back next year because the sales on diapers and wipes were insane. However, I doubt I will be up that early again...unless there is another door buster that I just can't resist! Until then, don't count me in the crazy category just yet...





1 comment:

  1. Black Friday is crazy!! That's a great furniture set!! That's the same color and style I have ... I just wish it would have been on super sale like that when I bought it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete